Monday, March 16, 2009

What Jimi Said, 3/15/09

Real Life Toddle Story


My wife has been in the habit of fixing delicious Sunday lunches for the family for many years. Today she fixed one of our favorite menu items--chicken fajitas, a Mexican food item with tortilla, peppers, chicken (or steak or both), cheese, guacamole, and sour cream. These are very enjoyable and are gulped down by many of the gathered lunch eaters (of course, I eat with the decorum of a retired grandpa with slower reflexes than in years past)..

As usual, Grandson Jimi came to lunch with his Dad. My wife asked him if he wanted a fajita, knowing that he loves them, and surprisingly he said no. Chris reminded Jimi of his preference for fajitas, and the Grandson Jimi soon to be 45 months old said,

"Fajita Grandma, I know what I want and I know what I don't want."

And what did Mr. Assertive Toddler want? Fruity Peebles, his favorite cereal.
ed_smaller

1 comment: