Saturday, March 14, 2009




Harvey Korman at Wikipedia

Carol Burnett at Wikipedia

The Carol Burnett Show at Wikipedia


HOW DANGEROUS IS A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE COMPARED TO NO KNOWLEDGE?
"In some situations where a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, it is still less dangerous than no knowledge."

BH




FRUSTRATION IN THE CEREAL AISLE
While shopping in a grocery store the other day, I saw an elderly lady muttering to herself in the cold cereals section. As she got closer to me, I heard her say, "I could find what I was looking for if they didn't have 900 different types of cereal. I decided to come to her rescue.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"Maple-flavored mini-wheats," she answered.

After searching all 900 boxes of cereal twice I turned up empty-handed, reported my failure, and left before I heard what she had to say about me.

BH



Strange to say what delight we married people have to see these poor fools dwcoyed into our condition.

Samuel Pepys
1633-1703

Quoted in The Dictionary of Humorous Quotations, edited by Evan Esar (DORSET Press, 1949)

No comments:

Post a Comment