Monday, February 22, 2010

I remember this book…now anyway!

This is a wonderfully written book by Dr. Wayne Dyer, Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life. It is Dyer's interpretation ed_dyer book_cyt and cyl of the TAO (or the DAO) as some people call it, a 2500 yr-old philosophy written by Lao Tze (or so many people believe).
I enjoyed it very much and have bought and read several other interpretations of it by other authors. I enjoyed and liked it so much that I gave a copy of it to my sister and two brothers for Christmas 2008.
I like to give books to them for special occasions, so for Christmas 2009, I gave them each a book again. That was the good news; the bad news was that I gave each of them another copy of Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life.
Yes, my memory slipped, a not uncommon occurrence during these five years of retirement (and before). For a remedy for memory slippages, I read somewhere that eating blueberries is excellent, a strategy only thwarted by the ever-increasing price of those little bluish suckers.
Now I hope that my siblings know not to plan on receiving a copy of Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life for Christmas 2010 or any large containers of blueberries (maybe I should gift them a copy of this blog post to make sure?)
Ironically, I tried to give them a book about improving thinking and life and I stumbled on my memory.

1 comment:

  1. @Bob--note to self, "think really hard before gifting a book to anyone: have I given this book to them yet? (:O)

    ReplyDelete