Saturday, January 8, 2011

Yahoo’s “What’s Trending Now”

Do you ever notice this “What’s Trending” now feature on Yahoo home page.

Capture YTN 0108811 AM

I have no idea where the subjects come from, what they are based on, of if they change “on a schedule” or “randomly?

And at this point I am not sure where I can find out (should I should Google it? or what?)

I have figured out all by my lonesome that the subjects must be related by time, i.e. what’s trending now.

But I like to wonder if the topics do have a secret relationship that Someone Residing on the World Wide Web is trying to hint at.

Why was Tampa Bay pitcher Matt Garza put on YWTN? When I saw his name and “49ers” I guessed that he was quitting pitching to become a football player.

But I “wikied” Matt G and found that he was traded to the Chicago Cubs yesterday, 010711,

Pitcher Matt Garza

A couple days ago, I noticed “Lady Gaga”

Lady Gaga at Wikipedia

and “Tamales recall” on the same YWTN list and have imagined the worst. So far I can’t imagine a connection.

Can you?

Just noticed that Jim Carrey and The Beastie Boys just made the list. What do you think?

Beastie Boys at Wikipedia

Jim Carrey at Wikipedia

 

No comments:

Post a Comment